Communications and Digital Coordinator Job Description
The Communications and Digital Coordinator position is an exciting opportunity for a creative storyteller and digital organizer to develop and guide Neighbor to Neighbor’s communications strategy and process. The Communications and Digital Coordinator works to frame and position our organization so that members feel deep ownership over the organization, and donors and foundations see how critical we are in the movement for change. The ideal candidate will elevate Neighbor to Neighbor’s social media presence and expand our digital organizing capabilities. This includes: leading the re-creation of the organization’s website, training staff in digital organizing, and bringing the organization’s unified voice and narrative to the next level.
The Communications and Digital Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, and is a full-time position based preferably in our Boston office, with flexibility for working out of our chapter offices in Worcester or Springfield, MA. Option to work remotely as we navigate the shifts in the pandemic. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of experience in Communications and or digital organizing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working hand-in-hand with the Executive and Associate Directors and the Development Director to develop and implement an organization-wide communications strategy to further Neighbor to Neighbor’s mission, values, and brand identity.
- Leading the development of and guiding the implementation of campaign communications, by working with staff and members to define the narrative and broad messaging.
- Meeting with members and staff to collect their stories to be incorporated in broad communications strategy and that builds upon the narrative.
- Working with bilingual staff to meet with Spanish-speaking members, and to develop communications content in Spanish as well as English.
- Guiding and supporting staff in amplifying N2N’s work in key moments such as before/during/after actions, before key events, etc.
- Developing and implementing strategies to effectively analyze data to grow the impact of communications work and continually improve the strategy.
- Leading staff in building relationships with key journalists, identifying media opportunities, and shaping larger news narratives around N2N values and campaigns.
Website, Social media & traditional media
- Managing N2N social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkTree).
- Designing and managing email blasts in partnership with the Development Director. Working with Organizers to create a membership email list to integrate into these email blasts.
- Working with Organizers and Regional Field Coordinators to coordinate, manage, and design posts for social media.
- Partnering with the Training Coordinator to train N2N members and organizers in effective digital organizing practices and strategy, and media work.
- Working with our staff and member-led board to reimagine our website, update it and increase traffic.
- Partnering with Organizers, Regional Field Coordinators and members to prepare press advisories and releases, and to work with the press.
- Fielding relevant press asks/media and forwarding them to specific folks on staff for intervention, response, and or uplifting our stories.
- Guiding content production for campaign communications, including writing, videography, graphic design, website, and photography.
- Partnering with organizers, Regional Field Coordinators, and members to develop speeches and scripts to be spokespersons.
Materials & Documenting the work
- Partnering with the Development Director on the graphic design of newsletters and other donor materials.
- Designing brochures, pamphlets, etc. for organizing purposes.
- Leading the staff in a process to finalize and implement N2N’s new logo.
- Photography and videography to document our work in action.
- Cultivating an individual donor list of 20-30 donors.
- In collaboration with the Development Director, draft and design individual donor communications and newsletters.
- In collaboration with the Development Director, assist with the promotion and marketing of fundraising events via social media and email blasts.
- 3+ years developing and managing communications.
- Experience working with web management, social media platforms, and communications.
- At least one year of experience working or volunteering with community-based organizations or lived experience in Black, Indigenous, and people of color communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Neighbor to Neighbor (listed on our website); a team player who works well with others and independently; and highly organized and resourceful with a strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of racial, economic, and environmental justice issues, basic principles and theory of change.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Canva, Google docs, Photoshop, MailChimp.
- Spanish fluency is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of and experience with community organizing.
- Experience with digital campaign development.
BIPOC, Women, and or LGBTQ+ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits: $50,000 – $60,000 for this full-time position. Benefits include 4+ weeks vacation, sick days, fully paid health insurance, life insurance, travel reimbursement, and opportunities for career growth.To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by August 30th to Joe Di Mauro at Joe@n2nma.org. Rolling interviews will begin August 15th.