JOB POSTING: Director of Development
Neighbor to Neighbor is hiring a full-time Director of Development to execute our development program, primarily by cultivating and expanding our successful individual donor base, in addition to grant writing, as a part of a diverse, passionate leadership team.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strong writer and a process-oriented person who values relationship building. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career fundraising professional who is committed to social justice and building the power of a people of color-led organization. The candidate must be committed to the mission and values of Neighbor to Neighbor as well as best practices in donor-centric fundraising. This position is an opportunity to engage with donors, community leaders, and policy makers to help bring about real progressive change.
About Neighbor to Neighbor
We are the “new majority:” people of color, immigrants, women, and the working class on a path to liberation. Our statewide membership organization is marching to put people and the planet before profit. We counter the fear that causes injustice by building power and transforming the institutions that govern our lives.
In an era of income inequality, environmental degradation, and racism, our chapters are confronting this triple crisis in Massachusetts. We fill the ballot box with our votes. We fill the streets with our voices. We seed the new alternatives that put power and decision-making in the hands of those directly affected. We are certain that a better world is possible and we are committed to building it.
Neighbor to Neighbor is state-wide with chapters in Lynn, Worcester, Springfield, and Holyoke along with an administrative office in Boston. For more information on who we are and what we do, please visit www.n2nma.org and actionfund.n2nma.org.
The Director of Development is responsible for the following:
- Developing stewardship and
acknowledgement strategies to build long-term
relationships with foundation officers, donors, and prospects.
- Creating and implementing a development plan. For 2019, the fundraising goal is $900,000. Current activities include direct mail, events, donor meetings, development communications, grassroots fundraising, and grants proposals and reports.
- Managing our all-staff fundraising
model, by being a good listener and
a motivating coach, leveraging the strengths of each person to do their best fundraising.
- Serving as a member of the organization’s leadership team.
- Monitoring results and evaluating the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development program.
We are seeking applicants who excel in relationship building, are results oriented, and have strong writing skills. You should have:
- A track record of deepening donor relationships and cultivating new ones.
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience managing multiple projects and ability to train and manage a cadre of staff.
- A passion for economic, climate, and racial justice.
Knowledge of 501(c)4 electoral work and prior experience working at an organization that does community organizing are both plusses but are not requirements.
Salary: $60-70k DOE. Benefits include fully paid health insurance coverage for individuals and families; paid holidays, sick time, and three weeks paid vacation; Flexible Spending Account, and disability.
Neighbor to Neighbor makes a particular effort
to recruit people of color, LGBTQ people, and women to apply for open
Please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Development Director” to email@example.com.